Thursday 1 January 2015

Beard Baubles..

Hi guys... guess who's back *sheepish smile* 

After sorting myself out, I am here with a new piece for you all! hurray! 

As you can see from the title, it's based on men. Like I have explained in other blog posts, menswear is something I am very interested in. And is an area I am most probably going to work in ha! 
So as a part of our opinion piece module, I have one for you to read :) 


Beards. Big bushy ones to small weedy ones. You either love them or you hate them, like marmite. With the beard trend becoming the fastest growing trend of 2014, it’s not wrong to say that we knew something ridiculous would come out of it. 

News of the Beard Baubles hit the internet recently and they are rather questionable. They are exactly what they sound like, little ornaments that hang from your beard as if it were a Christmas tree. I mean for extra ‘lad points’ you might as well put a star on your head and be done with it.

Mike Kennedy and Pauline Ashford who work at the ad agency Grey London, devised the idea of Beard Baubles as a way of raising money for the Australian charity Beard Season, which ultimately aims to raise awareness for melanoma. Great idea, I am all up for charity. But making an imbecile of yourself, is not the way to go. 

Selling for £7 a pop, these baubles have all sold out. Shock. Instead of attaching the baubles to the beard via a hook, rather conveniently they attach like a booby pin. What better than to add dangling glitter balls of a grown mans face to show that you love christmas. Hello, santa. 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I love a beard, but sticking shiny balls onto them is not going to make me love the man any more, just make my body cringe.


Thank-you for reading
Like and comment 

No comments:

Post a Comment